If this is your favorite day at Gym, you must be hitting hard to get what you want. Building up your upper body is one of the most noticeable by everyone. As a beginner, you will need to use barbells, dumbbells, cables, and your own bodyweight – an overall workout routine for your chest or said chest workout.
Most of us as a beginner start hitting with heavyweight during the workout and without taking any rest between sets and exercise.
Taking the rest of 90 seconds between exercises and 60 seconds between sets helps our muscles to relax, start off with lightweight dumbbells, no or some weight on the barbell, and lightweight on the cables.
Focusing on perfecting the movements before adding weight not only builds up muscle strength but also protects us from workout injuries.
Here are some best chest workouts for beginners and all levels that will help in building up chest muscle and strength.
It is to be said that, workout needs strength and power to lift the weight. Protein helps you to gain that strength easily and helps in building up your muscles.
Check out our curated list of 7 best whey protein Powder to add to your diet.
The best chest workout for beginners
Best Push-Ups for Bigger Chest Muscles
Training with own body weight helps to build up whole-body strength. The push-up is one of the most effective bodyweight exercises for Upper body workout including Arm and Chest muscles.
One of the benefits of Push-ups is that you can do this exercise anytime and anywhere. You don’t need a gym to effectively train your chest muscles when you know how to do the right push-ups.
3 Sets with 10-12 Reps. Including one minute rest in between sets.
How to do push-ups basic
- Place your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Keep your head and back in a straight line.
- Keep your weight on your toes.
- Engage your core and glutes for strength.
- Lower your body in a controlled manner until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep your elbows tucked in close to your body.
- And Repeat.
Watch this video tutorial to learn the best way to do perfect push-ups.
2. Bench Press
Bench Press is the exercise that helps in toning and building upper body muscles. There is multiple variations in doing bench press, it depends on your goal which one you want to hit.
Bench press mostly hits Chest muscle but putting the grip close also hits the triceps too.
Adding bench press to your gym workout routine can helps you to increase upper body strength and improves muscular endurance.
Bench press is also said to be the best inner chest workout for beginners and for all level.
How to do Perfect Bench Press
- Lie flat on your back on a bench.
- Grip a barbell with hands slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Press your feet on ground to gain strength to your body.
- Slowly lift bar off rack and lower the bar to the chest, allowing elbows to bend out to the side.
- Stop lowering when elbows are just below the bench. Press feet into the floor as you push the bar back up to return to starting position.
5 Sets with 10-12 Reps. Include 1-2 minutes of rest in between.
Check out this video tutorial for the perfect bench press.
3. Incline Dumbbell Press
This exercise mostly hit the upper part of the chest. As a beginner, keep the weights normal according to your strength. If the workout anyhow, hits the shoulder muscle, correct your posture and start lifting again.
How to do Incline Dumbbell Press
- Place your chair inclined at 45 degree and lean back on it.
- Hold dumbbells or a barbell at chest height.
- Press the weight upward extending your arm fully.
- Lower the dumbbell and keep your elbows at 90 degrees with your chest.
3-4 Sets with 10-15 Reps with one-minute rest in between sets.
Video tutorial for perfect Incline Dumbbell Press.
Which set best combined with Chest workout day ?
Yes, It is ideal to pair a triceps workout on chest day. Working for complimentary muscle groups together can optimize your results, and one of the groups is chest and triceps.
You should have noticed that while working on your chest, some parts of your inner arms also working as a support for lifting weight. Working on your chest and triceps together ensure that your pectorals and triceps build up together at the same rate.
Chest and tricep workout bodybuilding is the best duo to perform together for better results and to hit two muscles at the same time.